Big Poppa

Member Since Oct 2011
19.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2020 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or punch something.

Disability stuff again. 2 of my classes are remote this spring (ironically, including the great plagues one) but the third is small and I thought I’d teach that in person provided the university buys me clear masks so I can understand the students better. Okay, so I contact the ADA office. They eventually come back with no can do, the students who will wear the clear masks must request them. But to request them, the students must be registered with the school as having a proven hearing disability. Which of course none of them do. So, no masks. (I’m sure this is legal somehow. But it sure isn’t moral.)

Turn to chiding chair to see if she can do anything. She offers to buy the masks from the department budget, what kind? Send her the link to the kind my audiologist recommends and that my family uses and likes. $110 total for 10. She comes back with a bunch of Amazon links for cheaper masks. All to save fifty freaking dollars.

So, I am worth $60.

Like I said, don’t know whether to laugh or cry or punch something.
Well, here's another way of looking at it. You got what you wanted. WIN!

I know their cooperation as grudging, and I hate that. But life is not about winning the battle. It's about winning the prize.

Add that to your tattoo, Baby!

Hugs from:
divine1966, SlumberKitty