Child of a lesser god

Member Since Jun 2015
12.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2020 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantExplain View Post
Well, here's another way of looking at it. You got what you wanted. WIN!

I know their cooperation as grudging, and I hate that. But life is not about winning the battle. It's about winning the prize.
This isn’t just about the $50. I don’t think you were here in August/September when I had to fight the school for closed captioning for one of my courses. For me, not the students. I got it, but it was substandard (far short of ADA requirements, and of inferior quality to what a student would receive—I know because I have requested closed captioning in my student role).

Basically, I have been indirectly repeatedly told by my school that as a faculty member I am not supposed to have a disability and that I am not worth accommodations. The chair thing is minor compared to that, but par for the course. (At least she thinks I’m worth $60, the school doesn’t even think that.)

I have been contacting lawyers I know in the area to find someone who specializes in ADA law to consult with, and I am considering filing an EEOC complaint.

Maybe I won’t do it. But I’ve spent my entire life being told in various ways that I am lesser because of my hearing, and to have it come from an employer I work my *** off for and who is bound by certain laws is unacceptable.

My feelings are not going to be brushed away by platitudes, unfortunately.

At least Info will get business out of it, I’ve already contacted her for an appointment.

Hugs from:
CantExplain, chihirochild, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks