View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2020 at 02:37 PM

I had to get lab work done on Saturday (blood work for my doctor). It always is triggering to have someone looking at my arm(s). I was triggered of course because I had to show my bare arm with all my scars to the lady taking my blood. She was really nice though. I was watching her draw the blood and she asked me if I was okay. That was nice. I was okay, just triggered. Luckily I had therapy a few hours later. We didn't really discuss it though, just brought it up. My T said in like 10 years I could have surgery to reduce the scarring. I told her some of them were pretty deep and I didn't think it would do much good. But who knows by then, maybe the surgery techniques will be better. If not, I'm stuck with these scars the rest of my life. I don't really regret them, just when someone sees my arm. Normally I wear long sleeves and cover them up. Or if I wear three quarter sleeves I wear makeup on my wrists so that it's not so noticeable. But normally I just wear long sleeves. It was triggering though.

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3