View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Nov 30, 2020 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daladico View Post
Pretty sure I’ve been faking it til I make it my whole life! Haha.

The first couple years of my diagnosis I had extreme anxiety that work would find out and I’d lose my job.

When I switched departments a couple years ago, I told my boss & coworkers upfront that I have bipolar, and it has been soooo much better. I think I work with an exceptionally understanding and supportive group of people however, so that makes a difference.

I’ve always struggled significantly internally with work and school, but have always been “successful.” Much of the time I feel like I’m barely making it through though.

You are not alone my friend.

I will try to write more soon <3
Lol thank you so much!!! It definitely feels good knowing I’m not alone and even though it can be a struggle, I can make it!!

I’ve always battled all kinds of stuff in my life and managed to pull through without a mood disorder, it’s just 10x harder with one!! I will never ever judge anyone ever again for giving up. Life can be a challenge and we never know what someone is going through.

I wish I could tell people at my job, but too many teachers judge and gossip. I only trusted one teacher so far. He works close with me on student council and said he would help in any way that he can. I don’t want to lose sponsoring that club because it takes up one of my class periods where I teach one less class...

That’s so good that your job is so supportive!!! I know it must make a huge difference to have that. I was anxious at first too when I started teaching again and thought people would judge me or I would lose my job. I thought people would be able to tell that I have BD, but I think I’ve been able to hide it for the most part.
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote