View Single Post
TeaVicar?

Member Since Apr 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2020 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerFlower View Post
By the sound of it, you must be in psychoanalysis. When a client has feelings for a psychoanalyst, they usually refer that client to someone else. I think this is barbaric as the client is left completely abandoned and feels like he or she has done something wrong when this is not the case. Also, the pain is there and untaken care of. A transfer might happen with the next psychoanalyst, then what?
Maybe it might be wise to change the kind of therapist you are using. There are other therapists who use different kind of therapy and who welcome transference, as it is a golden opportunity for a deep healing. Psychodynamic does that but I am not sure if this is the right kind of therapy for you.
Do not despair, interview some therapists and make sure that you mention transference and how they deal with it.
I think you might be confused with a different mode of therapy Flower. In psychoanalytic/depth therapy, transference and feelings about the relationship are worked with. In fact, transference is a. key component in psychoanalysis.

Thanks for this!
Favorite Jeans