Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2020 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldinthecheese View Post
I was in the EXACT SAME SITUATION with the previous position in my company. For 9 years. Every day felt like I had to be someone else. Or many different people! It was a customer service position in the medical field so I literally had to teeter the line of doing my job medically- which in itself people get upset over when they dont hear what they wanna hear- and making sure patient's were able to do the "customer is always right" crap even when they were wrong and stepped all over my feelings. That in itself cultivated a culture of identity crisis for me. But I also was a floor supervisor so now I had to manage my "coworker friends." I was never a hardass to them so I always wondered if they truly liked me and thought of me as a friend, or if they were just being cordial to their boss. So I wasnt sure how to act around them. It was the planet's lining up to make this toxic personality mess for me,personally. I found it affecting my mental health- literally having to prep myself to be someone else for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week- it was adding up and I could feel my tension rising. So I found another position in the company- non management but same pay and working from home.
Long story short- I TOTALLY get what you're saying. I've been there, you're not alone. It really sucks.
Oh wow, I’m sorry you had to deal with that. Glad you found something better for yourself. Yeah I hate preparing myself to be someone I’m not and not being able to trust my coworkers. They are the kind that will talk like they are best friends one day, even go on short walks during breaks, but then be talking crap behind each others back later on. I get that people can be judgmental but that extreme behavior is quite alarming in my opinion. Yeah trying to be someone to please others is exhausting. In fact, I dislike being around those at work enough that I actually like doing things remote, it is easier.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote