View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2020 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrap View Post
Fake it 'till you make it: that sums up my entire career! You should, definitely, be proud that you've made it this far. I suggest that your health is more important than your students. I hope I say this with some insight. My daughter has been teaching for 15 years. You are incredibly dedicated. Yet you must take care of yourself. Do you have a psychiatrist or therapist? I can only sympathize (hugs) and urge you take as good care of yourself as you are of your students. I empathize with what you say. I faked caring for many years.
Thank you! It’s what probably keeps me going is knowing that I’ve made it this far, why not? I’ve always been such a positive person my whole life so I’m trying to let that part of me shine back through. I never thought life could feel this rough!! Yes I have a psychiatrist. I did have a counselor but stopped seeing her because I felt like I was just telling her the same things every time and it was a waste of money when I can do that with friends and family. She served her purpose when I needed her.
In the beginning of teaching I faked like I cared because students can be rough!! But after the first year I really did care and learned to love my students!! But now I don’t have that caring emotion... I try, but it’s just not there. I don’t want to be there, so I just keep faking it and so far it’s working for me. I really hope I can retire from teaching one day. I don’t want to give it up just because I have an illness... so I’m working hard at staying. When I’m focused on grading or calling parents, or planning, I get lost in the work and don’t think so much about being sick. So maybe it’s good for me?
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote