View Single Post
KBMK

Member Since Aug 2020
612 hugs
given
Default Dec 03, 2020 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overgiver88 View Post
Thanks guys, you are being very helpful. I have thought about all of the things that you are mentioning.
At some point I even thought to myself whether I am being unrealistic, but he was also reaching out previously, before he started working on his second restaurant when we stopped seeing each other.
As soon as I reached out to him in relation to a girl I saw him in a picture with he called me 2 seconds after explaining this was just a fan and explaining the whole situation, being nice, asking me how I was and we talked for 15 mins. That was 2 weeks ago.
Then he stopped replying. He did that previously but this time it feels on purpose rather than just being busy.
If it was something I expected I would have had a closure in a way, he previously has been silent but always came back after a couple of texts from my end. And honestly, it never felt like he took anything very emotionally as he always came back with "no, sunshine, I was just driving/busy, how are you", so having him being angry/annoyed at me for being emotional was not something that happened previously.
Additionally I have always been very careful not to overload him, but also speak up my mind and what I want out of our relationship. It is just that OUR chat was always the worst way to communicate, but when he is not picking up the phone or not calling I am left with no other choice. I always wrote and drafted my messages so that they are short, clear but get to the point. He never reads everything, I am sure of it. And it is not just his attitude towards me, this is his overall attitude - he doesn't give a damn about almost anything, which is exactly the opposite of me, giving a damn about every single thing that comes my way. I did say "block me in case you don't want me to text you" - is he not caring enough to block me or just doesn't want to block me? I can't say...

The whole situation is just too unfinished for me, no closure, no anything, we didn't have a fight, on the contrary, he even said I've give you back the money when we see each other... And that was it. Which is why I am driving myself crazy and am trying to not think about it but in the same time cannot stop thinking about it. I am crying every day, I am going from the "I am not worth it" to "he is not worth it" to "what have I done wrong" to "he is just a player" to "it doesn't feel like this should have been the end" to "this should have never happened"...
And yes, I am thinking of seeing a therapist, because I can no longer deal with this myself. I am going deeper and deeper into this chain on thoughts and self-pity.
I think it's true that you are being unrealistic, and therapy would probably help with that.
This guy has obviously hurt you, but you didn't know him well, and put a lot of faith in him treating you well...well he didn't
He still isn't. He gets your messages, and doesn't care to reply.
It's a problem that this is causing you so much pain and upset. You say you care a lot, but it's as though you care more for the opinion of this guy you barely know, than you care for yourself.
It's OK to want things from a relationship. It's totally normal to want replies to your messages, and to see a person regularly.
You haven't done anything wrong here, but expecting him to block you, or give you closure... that's not his problem.
I know it's hard, but you have to get closure for yourself.
KBMK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote