Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2020 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I'm confused...your pdoc said he'd fire you because the meds he prescribed don't work?
Yes. I’m sure he said ‘fire’, he meant it to mean discharge, stop seeing me. He said he had an overload of patients with more pressing needs and if I wasn’t getting good enough results from the meds after I’ve been seeing him for several months, and he tweaked my meds just twice, he felt he could not help me. He did refer my husband and I to a psychologist for talk therapy, and thinks that is enough now for my h (who he already discharged saying meds were not therapeutic).

I’m confused too. If no meds are helpful ‘enough’, does that mean neither of us have a level of mental issues needing meds? Does that mean one of both of us has something untreatable by meds?

I’m still on all he prescribed me, even increased one, but they don’t help with the relationship issue (long term pervasive intimacy issue). They do help with coping a bit better with the fallout when the issue occurs (often )

He used the term ‘treatment resistant’. I take that to mean as in Depression. Words like ‘trauma’ and ‘anxiety’ were bounced around by both docs. No real diagnosis was given, when I pressed them for an answer about if there is one for me. The best direct answer I got was ‘anxiety’.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*