Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2020 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I have applied to 10 jobs this week. I'm hoping to go back to work. I'm currently on disability. One thing that has me uncomfortable is that 2 of the company's asked if I was on disability. Why do they ask that? Isn't that private information? And how does it impact you as a candidate? I could see if I needed assistance with my job that it might be helpful, but I have a mental health disability. I was stressed out just applying for work. I'm not even sure I can handle going back to work. I'm just going to base my decision on how relaxed or stressful these interviews go.
If you are in the US that question is illegal and you should report them to the EEOC.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote