View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Dec 04, 2020 at 07:53 PM

Hi, R.

So I took break in the action after publishing Temporary Address and Through Unfamiliar Waters. Now I'm working on my marketing strategy (don't laugh) and I'm doing some research for Earth Songs. To that end, I've bought a subscription to the Whitehorse Star. I spent a good chunk of last night and today watching videos - I watched two episodes of Sergeant Preston of the Yukon. I'm also researching abandoned mines, the Klondike gold rush, and indigenous tribes of the Yukon. No concrete plot yet, but a few tantalizing ideas. It's such a giant step from ideas buzzing around to a concrete plot. The ideas can't be judged. The concrete plot - maybe an outline - tells you whether you know what you're talking about or not.

There's a gold mine of ideas in gold mining. (please laugh.) I wrote a short story once about gold fever. Unfortunately, I can't find it. I might try to resurrect it from memory. It's one of the best things I've ever written, but I've looked and looked. I think it's gone forever.

Happy stepping.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla