View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,874 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2020 at 09:25 PM

I was completely attached to my baby blanket. I couldn’t go to bed without it. I didn’t go to sleepovers as an older child due to embarrassment. In fact, one time I did, and we slept in sleeping bags and I kept my blanket hidden inside. I slept with the blanket until I got married at 27. I thought it was just too bizarre for a married, grown woman to continue to do. My h said he didn’t care if I continued, but I didn’t except for rarely when especially insecure. I still have it, of course. I’m afraid it’ll disintegrate after all these years!

I managed to rescue a little angel christmas ornament and an antique Bristol glass vase from my bedroom during our house sale where I watched 800 random people ransack our belongings.

I also have an antique cherry wood hutch. It was my grandmother’s. She died before I was born. My mother was able to get it from my grandfather and his new wife, rescued it from their garage where they were keeping oily rags in it. It was put in my bedroom from when I was a baby. It moved with us to three homes. When I got married, I rescued it from my mother selling it- it got moved four more times before being in my house now. It is dear to me as it makes me feel close to the grandmother I never knew, and the elegance for which she was known that I strived to be...but am probably quite far from.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna