View Single Post
coronalight

Member Since Nov 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Dec 05, 2020 at 12:27 AM

Hi Skeezyks,

Thank you for your reply. I keep browsing around and I came across a somehow similar thread.

My daughter gave us a lot of details about what she experienced in the past couple of months (scary episodes, to say the least). We did not inquire about what might have caused this, however she did hint at peer pressure, social media, lockdown, bleak future, over-burnt etc so I am not surprised.

I also tried to keep the advice at minimum but it is hard to say nothing and I don't know what to say. I am trying to learn how to encourage her to break the vicious cycle that, in my humble opinion, makes things worse: sleeping during the day and binge watching at night, rarely leaving her student accommodation, giving up college assignments completely, avoiding friends etc I do understand that lack of energy and motivation causes this attitude but I would really like to know how she can slowly regain control without medication.

I am still very interested to hear from other people, until then I will try to find answers in other posts, PC is so enlightening.
coronalight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote