View Single Post
RainbowSadness

RainbowSadness has no updates.

5 yr Member
24 hugs
given
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 09:45 AM

I've never been to the actual psychiatric hospital but I have been in the psych ward a couple times. I've always been a goodie two-shoes in hopes to not getting drugged. Even when it came to having to get my blood drawn (I'm autistic and getting blood drawn is a very distressing sensory issue for me). I basically just hide all my symptoms and act like it's a mistake that I was even put there and I'm good at making it convincing too (My therapist has shown me the doctor's notes where they ate it all up). Being scared of getting forced drugged or restrained has made me hide my mental illness which defeated the point of being observed and ruined the chances of me getting real assistance. It's great that your state has protections. In most places, the mentally ill are not seen as real humans capable of making decisions. I do think in some cases forced medication is needed to keep the person safe but I think it's rare and not the majority of force-drugged cases and there should definitely be checks and balances on it.

Current Diagnoses: Persistent Depressive Disorder (dysthymia), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder.
RainbowSadness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote