View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 01:09 PM

I've been feeling quite tired/sleepy much earlier in the evening, in recent weeks. I've also been sleeping more hours. Today I feel a little drowsy and it's only a bit after noon. At first I assumed it a result of the big stress from the house selling easing (and shorter days). Now, I'm wondering if my newer medications are playing a part, namely my statin, plus my new blood pressure medication. I googled them online, and two of the three new medications have tiredness as a potential side effect. We'll see. It's not THAT bad, but noticeable.

I've really started planning meals from stuff in my freezer, fridge, and pantry, instead of buying new groceries. After about two weeks, much of it will have to go to either a food pantry, someone willing to take it (family/friends), or the trash. It's a shame. I will ship some of it to Czech Republic, though, along with our furniture, but can't send anything for a fridge or freezer. And anything "open" can't go. The only thing I'm thinking of buying to ship is peanut butter. It can be found in Czech Republic, but not readily, plus I have a specific brand/type I like. Hubby won't eat it. It's all mine.

We have a cute little Christmas tree, but it's a live one that we're keeping in a pot on our porch. That will be the extent of our decorations. It will also have to find some new home, afterwards.

My blog statistics show that my Czech Christmas cookie posts are on fire. This week alone, the main Christmas Cookie post has gotten 500 views. Then there are the 10 individual cookie posts that have gotten on average 50 views each. I think the pandemic is likely inspiring more people than usual to bake cookies. Maybe someday I'll put together an American Christmas Cookie post (in both English and Czech). The Czech one includes the cookie names in both English and Czech. It even looks like Czechs, themselves, are finding those recipes, as this week my blog has had 75 views from there.

This year, the only Christmas food I will likely make are rum balls (with rum soaked dried cherries inside). I made them today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rum balls.jpg (278.7 KB, 10 views)
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Bipolarchic14, bizi, Blue_Bird, Innerzone, Mountaindewed, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Bipolarchic14, bizi