Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
Looks great!

I forget how much a tree invokes the season. This is probably not the best thread or forum to put this in, but your tree just reminded me that we’ve (my mom and I) have not decorated or did anything “festive of the holiday” beyond exchange gifts since 2006. My brother died that year, about a month before Christmas. I’m not saying there is a correlation or that it’s even significant. I’ve not associated anything truly negative about not decorating or really give it much thought, but it’s odd to stand back and look in a bit on that idea. Why don’t we anymore? Anyway, like I said, we still exchange gifts and our Christmases are usually very small ( My mom, my sister and I) so I guess there isn’t much need. Everyone hates taking down the crap afterwards anyway haha.
I'm so sorry sorry to hear about your brother

I hate taking down the stuff afterwards too, the ornaments are a pain honestly lol But I like how it looks and it's good for my mental health, puts me in a good mood and makes my apartment feel cozy. I plan on decorating the tree for every holiday I celebrate and the seasons. So like an Easter tree, a St. Patricks one, Halloween, spring, thanksgiving/fall themed. Just something fun to look forward to and get to be creative.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, bizi, Sunflower123