View Single Post
TicTacGo

Member Since Dec 2016
47 hugs
given
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I never spend compulsively or in excess (of what we can afford). I don’t have major impulsivity (maybe minor sometimes). I am so confused as to what diagnosis I do or don’t have, and was diagnosed with Borderline traits by one doc, and EDD by another.
I had to do a quick search. I believe EDD (if you are referring to emotional dysregulation disorder?) is sometimes used to refer to BPD, or the emotional dysregulation that comes along with BPD, as well as some other disorders.
Having borderline traits simply means there are certain patterns that are in line with borderline personality disorder.
It is also worth noting that personality disorders can take time to figure out in therapy because there are probably a whole lot of factors taken into account regarding what is going on and where it originated.. and so forth.

I was diagnosed with bipolar II disorder for several years, perhaps prematurely, but even after turning 18, that diagnosis was what stuck.. and then I saw a new therapist who explained how BPD traits have some part to play in what has been going on for so very long.

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto