yellow_fleurs
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2018
1,265 hugs
given
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolarchic14 View Post
I don’t know. I have started applying for jobs and I think it will help once I land one. Not financially distressed yet. Honestly though I think my issues with my mental health are not actually related to bipolar alone.. I think I have leaky gut syndrome and I think that’s actually what’s causing the suicidal thinking. I noticed that whenever I’m feeling strong suicidal urges, my stomach hurts a lot. I have also developed digestive issues, diabetes and high blood pressure. I think I need to do some research and get my blood sugar under control and get my issues with my stomach under control. In therapy, we work on distress tolerance but why should we always tolerate it. Why are they not helping me get rid of the distress. My therapist also likes to down play what I go through and she tries to get me to do things that makes life harder. I want my life less stressed not more so. Like we are are headed in the wrong direction chief.
I am sorry you are going through all that. I've had overlapping mental and physical health problems and it can be so tough to deal with both and even figure it all out from my experience. I have been trying to kind of attack things from all angles since I know my physical health affects my mental health a visa versa. Do you have a doctor for your health issues?

I have felt similar regarding the distress tolerance exercises. I think they are helpful to learn so that I can handle it when it happens, but you don't want to feel your issues or being downplayed or you're expected to just live feeling bad all the time. Do you think it would help to tell your therapist you don't feel validated?
yellow_fleurs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
*Beth*