Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,560 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2020 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Looks yummy! And as for the messy counters, while your mom's were all covered with white flour, mine were all covered with cocoa. I also managed to have batter flying all over the wall.

Your mom has a lot of flour. I'm embarrassed to say I have my fair share, too. My pantry also has rice flour, as well as all-purpose, self-rising, Czech semi-coarse, Czech fine, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry, and almond flour.

Maybe about two years or so ago, I was a touch hypomanic. At the store, I saw that Domino's reduced their bag size from 5-lb bags to 4-lb bags. They were all on sale during the "transition", which would eventually equate to charging the old 5-lb bag price for the 4-lb bags. In rebellion, I bought 34 lbs of sugar (that's over 15 kg) to beat the price hike. My husband took a picture of some of them (see attached). I did get a comment from the cashier that day, after which I went on a rant about corporations putting less and less product in packaging. Sad fact was that all of that sugar didn't last that long. I'm lucky I don't yet have diabetes. And of course I have confectioner's sugar, both types of brown sugar, plenty of honey, agave nectar, corn syrup, and molasses. Plus non-sugar sweeteners (Truvia, sucralose powder and sucralose liquid, and erythritol.)
I hear you about packaging being smaller and smaller. You have enough baking ingredients to make plenty of different treats!

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour