TerryL
Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2011
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2020 at 12:38 AM

dear noninde,

i am so sorry for your losses. since you are in shock right now, just give yourself time to let your loved ones' passings sink in. just be prepared that it can take a while to sort through all the feelings that might come up. you are already doing many of the right things by reaching out and talking/posting about it.

i too was a bunny mom to many bunnies and each of their passings (and their decline before they passed) affected me terribly. i still have ptsd from it. i loved them all but they can get sick so easily. i had one bunny mom tell me owning bunnies almost killed her because of their fragility and the complexity of their care. your dear boy was very lucky to have been loved by you. what was his name?

as for your best friend's passing, since it's been a while since you saw her or her family, i am sure her family will understand if you can't be there for them that much. just do what feels right to you. as for how to tell your other friends. i would not worry about that too much. your friend had already pulled away from you all. maybe down the line you will get more details about what happened with her. in the end, what matters most is the friendship you and she shared.

you have so much on your plate, please don't forget to take care of yourself. my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for this!
CalMSW, Travelinglady