Thread: People
View Single Post
memzly

Member Since Dec 2020
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 07, 2020 at 12:16 PM

My parents have always been combative and explosive people. They blame each other, my sister, me, work, friends, political figures, etc, etc. They just fight fight fight fight fight like Itchy and Scratchy. Not even a break to consider how to maybe fix problems. This pandemic has been really tough on me because it happened at a time when I don't have 1 single person in my life that has genuine moral support for me. I'm normally the person everyone else leans on. Now when I'm going through a hard time, not only is no one there for me, but my parents have been calling me constantly and then slandering me because my mom feels like I'm letting her down.

Not many people can understand. People think it's like a normal thing where it's just hard to get along with family sometimes, not that my parents do not care and think nothing of actually intentionally hurting me. I'm having to defend myself while trying to figure out how to build self-esteem and a feeling of giving a **** about life AGAIN. Childhood trauma sucks. I thought I was stronger than this by now.

Anyways, it's nice to not feel so alone. Hang in there. 👍
memzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote