View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Dec 08, 2020 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
I too am skeptical that it could be attachment issues just because he didn't grow up with a father but who knows.

What does he (your oldest son) get angry with you about? Edit: I forgot you'd said he won't give specifics. But does he try to contact you?

I agree with TishaBuv that only you know if his behavior is warranted and if you've been a terrible parent - it sounds like you're leaning toward "his behavior is unwarranted and I did my best as a parent." I'm glad and from what you've written here so far (I'm on page 2), I agree. I'm glad MickeyCheeky told you there a no such thing as the perfect parent. Such wise support.

Some people just grow into shits, honestly. I'm glad you've put up boundaries with him, have him blocked, etc. Is he known to break the law and be dangerous? I hope you and your youngest are safe.
No specifics, and I have pressed more than once, saying - if I don't know what I did, how can I know not to do it again??
But no specifics. The anger comes when I say anything other than praise. Most often it was them making fun of me and laughing at me, and then when I would object and say that I am not going to continue the conversation on those terms, they would get angry and call names and yell at me. I felt like my entire function was to be a sort of emotional punching bag. Someone to take everything out on.
I appreciate your concern. There have been threats, but as yet they are respectful of the police who have intervened. I hope we are safe as well. I am very very hopeful that over time, they will simply find another, more healthy way to express their unhappiness and will stop trying to take that mess out on me.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
WovenGalaxy