Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Dec 08, 2020 at 04:50 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Need to get some stuff out of my system

C. Let’s hear it

M. I’m f’ing pissed that f’ing M is taking so f’ing long to get back to me. I f’ing emailed him last week about the LPB process. The m*** f*** hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I emailed him again yesterday and again about half an hour ago. Come on, man!

C. Go on

M. I want to create a PMI guide so I don’t have to rely on him so much.

C. Go on

M. I created a strong draft of the guide. I found the guide he created and it sucked. It is so second rate. I’m pissed at the quality of his work relative to this. It’s terrible..

C. Go on

M. I emailed him the draft with a friendly note. I f’ing first sent him a message about this last week. He got back to me on Monday and said he was out and said he’d get a response to me by the end of the day. He didn’t. I’m seriously thinking of going with a different option. I contacted a guy I used a long time ago who is also an expert in SF. FC is another option.

C. Thinks makes sense. M will eventually get back to you but he did take too long with the PM and SR review process and did not do a good job of keeping you abreast about progress.

M. My frustration is that I can’t express frustration with him because I depend on him and still need to make final payment on the the PM project.

C. You’ve done all you can do. You created the draft - good job on this by the way.

M. Thanks. It is looking good. In some ways this is a blessing because it forced me to create it and not rely on his ****** work.

C. Definitely. That’s a good way to look at it. Think of it this way, in just a matter of days you’ll have completed a great PMI Guide. This is something you’ve had on your to do list for ages.

M. Yep

C. What else?

M. I’m also stressed out because I haven’t heard back from DJ. He was supposed to have spoken with RK today and said he was going to get back to me. I immediately jump to worst case scenario.

C. I understand why you might do this, but it’s also reasonable to assume best case scenario. You did a great job in both meetings with I3, right?

M. Yes, I did

C. You had a great call with DJ last week and he shared all the great things he was going to say about you and PM, right?

M. That’s also true

C. It’s also reasonable to assume that the reason DJ has not gotten back to you yet is because he’s busy taking care of his business, right?

M. That’s fair

C. Want some advice?

M. Please!

C. Go back home and create today’s action plan and schedule and do your next action, okay?

M. Okay. Will do.

C. Was this helpful?

M. Yes, again it helped me get stuff out of my head and put it in perspective.

C. Great. Talk later

M. You bet. Thanks again.

C. You got it.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote