Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2020 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Hi @Whereto52

Well, those are three good qualities I see in you already: Has willingness to change. Has level of self awareness. And I get the feeling you're kind of a nice person too, so that's good.

But, yes, it does take time to figure yourself out, and to be able to see who you are as a person.

One way to establish your good qualities would be to see what values you hold dear. You could ask yourself certain questions based on values. Do you like animals? Do you have compassion? Are you respectful to people? Are you considerate of others? Do you yell at kids? Do you put others needs before your own at times? Do you like to pitch in and help? Are you a good worker? Are you polite or do you like being harsh with people, etc? There are many things you could ask yourself, those are just a few basic ones.

Also listing your likes & dislikes can be a way of establishing good qualities, too. You can try that. Also, the internet might have some kind of questioneer you can answer in order to establish good qualities. I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised, at all.

So, after contemplating it somewhat, does what I just said make sense to you Whereto52?

I'm not sure how, for example, a therapist would go about helping a person to find their good qualities, but those ideas I just mentioned, I'm pretty sure I picked up through self help avenues.
This would be a good way to start for getting a better picture of who I am
I think I will start with the likes and dislikes first because that would be easier for a first try.
For qualities I really should try to look at what I am feeling, thinking or doing to find what those could be.

Thanks for this good idea
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul