CalMSW

Member Since Apr 2015
76 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2020 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noninde View Post
Hi TerryL,

Thank you for your kind words. I know this will take a very long time, and the shock is starting to wear off so I’m glad I started asking for help when I did.

My boy’s name was Albie. We had him as a senior, and he fought through about 6 surgeries/conditions with gusto. Which is why his passing was such a surprise.

I wish ‘someone’ gave us clear instructions when handing us a bunny that said ‘please keep it in your thoughts as often as you can - they are delicate, we know so little about them medically and have little medicine for them, you will lose them quicker than you expected, possibly in minutes, and you will love them beyond what you could imagine.’ I miss being a bunny mom; it was an honor.

My friend pulled away from almost everyone, it seems. I wish she had reached out. But I wanted to give her space to do so on her own time, only so often telling her she could or ‘check up’ on her. I’m going to have to try and support her other friends and her family. It’s what she was best at, and I would want to honor her by doing the same. I still haven’t figured out how to tell our friends; being socially awkward to begin with doesn’t help. One has already reached out – we’ve all been so cut off from one another and her – they’re clearly struggling too.

I wish I had more time with her, that she had more time, that I had proper time and space at the moment to grieve her and the buns. It’s hard to know this process will take years, when none of us seem to know what’s going to happen in a few weeks time.
This is a time for self-care. Depending on your mood, you may want to read books or watch movies that make you laugh or cry. Reaching out is important, and you're doing that. Be sure to take care of your body at this time and let your body rest. Grief is hard on the body. You're in my prayers.
CalMSW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote