Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Dec 10, 2020 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightful View Post
Hi, Alive,

So much to tell you!
The Measly steps are on-line only. They started on Barbara Sher's website - in 2001, I think. When Barbara Sher's website closed down, Revue and I and a couple of other internet friends began posting here. However, there are other Barbara Sher groups around the world, although, with COVID, probably most of them meet on-line as well.

Right now, it's mostly Revue and I posting every few days. There are a few others who pop in once in a while, and of course everyone is welcome.

The idea of the Measly steps is that you commit to performing some steps towards your goal, whatever your goal is, and then you post how you did. And we support each and cheer each other on. As you can see, we don't adhere strictly to that format since quite often life interferes with our goals. For me, reading at Chuckanut was a step towards my goal.

Revue and I have had success with the steps. He started and built up his own business. I wrote and published and sold three books. There were a lot bumps and some spectacular problems and hard times along the way.

There's no magical way to accomplish a goal - for most of us, at least. On television, the hero locks himself in a closet, writes for two weeks, gets five rejections, stumbles across a publisher at a local diner, The publisher loves his work and publishes it. Real life isn't like that.

If you're interested, all of this started with a book by Barbara Sher called "Wishcraft."

Thank you. Yes I'm looking for an online opportunity for help, an online group or something. What I want won't work with just posting on a forum thread, but would like regular active interaction with someone or with a group, that's what's needed for what I want. Here's what I want: https://psychcentralforums.com/6987218-post12.html

PS/DISCLAIMER No, going to therapists does not work for this one. So please do not advise to me to go to therapy again.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote