Sometimes psychotic
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
Default Dec 11, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
No, the reality is that I need Xanax XR 1 mg to function, but my pdoc keeps (unsuccessfully) trying to wean me off of it in various ways. I am to the point where I'm just like "screw it, put me on Xanax XR 1 mg, for now, I'll deal with it later."

I am so fed up with my pdoc again. I know he's not telepathic, but hey. I mean he should at least know to ask me about whether the Xanax XR controls my symptoms of anxiety well. I know it's about dependence at this point, but I think he should at least ask about whether it controls the really bad anxiety I have. I have really bad anxiety, and pdoc seems to deny that every time. I know it *would be better* if I didn't have to take Xanax XR, but I'm honestly thinking "why?"

Also, school is making me very anxious as of late and I cannot function in class on the lower dose of Klonopin.

The key problem with Xanax is if you take it regularly you’ll need to increase the dose constantly to keep it effective. Pretty soon 1mg won’t work. Have you tried ACT therapy? It helps with uncomfortable feelings like anxiety.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus