View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2020 at 01:00 PM

45 more days until I reach a year free of Self Harm. Wow. It seems like it has been a really long year. (Of course it was a leap year so that's an extra day!) But in some ways, it feels like it has gone by faster than I thought. My parents uncharacteristically have been super supportive of my efforts to end self harm. Each month they buy me a cake (a small one) and sometimes flowers or balloons to celebrate each month that I go without self harming. I don't know if they will this month because the month anniversary lands on the 25th. But that's okay.

Tomorrow I see my T and she will be proud of me for how many days I have. I am proud of me too. It has taken me years to get this far. A year without will be such a good start to a life without. I still have 45 days to go so it's not over yet and I'm sure some of those days I will have many urges but I am hopeful.

Keep up the good fight everyone. Every day without it is worth it, in my opinion. It served a purpose (or multiple purposes) for me for so long and I will always be sort of thankful for it for that because it helped me survive but I do feel so much healthier not engaging in self harm.

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3