View Single Post
just lost

Member Since Dec 2020
Default Dec 11, 2020 at 04:30 PM

I am recently separated. Three weeks ago, my wife of 32 years (I am 62, she is 68) moved out without any mention of it to me whatsoever. I came home from work only to find that she had hired movers to remove all of her belongings to an unknown address somewhere in the area. She said that in September, when I decided that I would retire in January 2021, she decided that she wanted to live her life out elsewhere.

To make matters worse, we moved to our area eight years ago and I have spent the past eight years commuting 70 miles each way to a company I owned a part of, and have quite literally NO friends (I never mixed work with friendships) anywhere.

My entire life has always been focused on her and our son, who is now 27 years old and has a life of his own (which I still have a very hard time dealing with). I am now finishing out my working career from home (just mentoring my replacement as needed), so it’s just me alone, 24/7.

I need some encouragement; I'll be 63 in a month, and it's hard to imagine starting a new life.
just lost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, unaluna, Yaowen