View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Dec 13, 2020 at 12:54 PM

The Zoom meeting I mentioned was cancelled, and all the other items on my list were accomplished. (Except for a few cards.) A big deal for me since I was slipping into that state of thinking about what I want to do and actually doing nothing. A
A friend emailed me this quote:

It was about a Native American youth who was just entering into puberty. Being male the rush of testosterone, the weirdest drug of all, he went to his grandfather and explained that there were two wolves fighting within him. One was vicious, cruel, manipulative, without a sense of right or wrong, and was a liar and a coward when confronted. The other considered others, tried to make peace and avoid conflict and would only fight when cornered. The grandson complained that they were at war constantly. “Who do you think will win grandpa?” The old man patted his head and replied: “It will be the one that you feed.”

I think this quote works for all habits. The side that wins is the one you feed.

I'm going to change the quote just a bit. The first wolf is lazy, dreams about all the great things he/she will accomplish but not just now. Maybe after the sitcom is over and he/she has played just one more game of solitaire, etc., and then depression sets in and more TV, etc. The second wolf knows what he/she wants to get done, and sets about doing it. For me, the measly steps feed the active wolf. The thing to realize is that the wolf needs to be fed every day, not just once.

Thanks for this!
Alive99, unaluna