Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2020 at 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
I can relate to this. I journal and I find there's a time and place for it because sometimes I do get stuck wallowing. For me, I'm experimenting to see how not to wallow while journaling, and so far that means being mindful and noticing when getting stuck / wallowing happens, and also I'm playing with the idea of writing to another person in my journal, as it helps me when I talk to others usually.

I think that what works for some, doesn't work for others. Do it if you want to and feel drawn to it / driven to.

Edit: one journaling exercise you may like. Its a T-chart. On one side put "negative" or draw a rain cloud or something. On the other side, put "positive" or draw some sunshine or a rainbow or something. Under negative, write whats going on with you and why you feel bad. Under positive, counter those thoughts, write other explanations, other positive ways to looks at it, ways to deal with it, be kind to yourself as you would be with a friend. Its a good exercise in thinking more optimistically and making oneself feel better.
Good post. I've been reading some of the posts in this thread again. I too feel disconnected (grrrrrr)

I'm going to try the above journalling idea, tomorrow hopefully

Hugs to all who accept online hugs from a bear

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Discombobulated, TunedOut, zapatoes