View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Dec 14, 2020 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 933127 View Post

I failed my Performance Improvement Plan and was fired. I found a new job 2 months later, which is still my current job. In my current job I was given step by step instructions how to do my job, no one asked me if I had autism or made any other unwarranted advice/criticism about me.

Was my previous job a toxic workplace? They simply hired they wrong guy?
Was I in the wrong job?

What do you guys think?
Having sub-contracted with my local city gov't, and with an international company, YES, you were in a toxic work environment.

It doesn't surprise me that they gaslighted you from the start by improperly training you, and not communicating with each other about what E and V told you to do.

I found that gov't jobs are THE worst b/c those people can't be bothered to properly train new hires. They are too lazy, too apathetic, and too stuck in their ways to care enough to train new hires.

And it doesn't surprise me that they made you sign a performance plan. Never do that again. Those are set up to sabotage the person on the plan. That's why they create it. They need a legitimate reason to fire the person, so they create these "plans" which are ludicrous because they are impossible to follow without being penalized.

Glad you found a better job. Never ever work for any gov't contractor again. Now that you know what type of work environment exists for them, avoid them like the plague.

I experienced the same thing. I was hired to support a sales team. However, they were in another building and I was in the basement in another building all by myself, in a cubicle. No one else was around me. It was really toxic.

I could only use instant messages to communicate with the sales team. They picked off myself and the other hired 6 temps, one by one; firing each of us after "creating a file" on us, where they made up petty lies, gaslighted each of us, and fired us before our contracts ended so that they didn't have to pay the temp agency fee required.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote