Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2020 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Mean thing's doesn't do it justice. He was down right disrespectful, machiavellian and abusive
People who are mean, disrespectful, and abusive do not have the ability to truely emotionally connect and respect others. They tend to carry anger and resentment that developed in their early childhood. They tend to have an emptyness inside them that they can't seem to fill. These individuals are typically mentally frozen or stuck due to some lack of nurturing that kept them from being able to have a more positive sense of self. However, sometimes that area of the brain is lacking in developement too. In other words it's similar to how someone is genetically short or tall or has a big nose or certain color hair. Or someone inherits ADHD or Dyslexia or is born on the autism spectrum.

Truth is, human beings have been studying and trying to understand the reasons for different human behaviors for a very long time. We want to understand ourselves and our human history and there are individuals who dedicate their entire lives to learning and understanding human nature. And as we dig into human history we learn that human beings can be very violent and cruel and intrusive and controlling and destructive and preditory.

Quote:
I would never have put up with it, if it was not for the disarming powerful stigma I underwent from being in rehab as a teen.
This is true and the reason for this is because you were experiencing an environment that disabled you from gaining a strong sense of self. And then when you experienced your teenage years you were also experiencing hormonal changes and that too can be a challenge as you were no longer a child and not yet an adult. And this is a challenging age where a teen can become so lost the teen can experience a desire to not exist. And some teens choose to run away even though they do not quite know how to survive on their own. Actually, suicide is an attempt to run from or escape. It's VERY IMPORTANT to understand when you reflect on that carefully that it doesn't mean you are a failure. Also, the stigma that you are talking about should not be given the power you are giving it. Stigmas are created do to fear and lack of understanding.

YES!! you would not have put up with that treatment you received had you been able to have more time to develop more self understanding and knowledge.

Quote:
Still, I couldn't ignore him and I did fight back and stand up for myself.
You were deciding to engage "fight" which means you decided to survive and self protect more.

Quote:
That's why we argued. I never looked at name calling as invading boundaries before
It's a way of trying to attack another person's self esteem in order to gain control over. It's also something a person uses to compensate for their lack of ability to handle problems in a more mature and healthier way. It's the other individual's form of self protection to their own ego.

People who behave like this are showing you WHAT THEY CANNOT DO. Believe them!! because if you don't you will end up fighting that same battle with yet another person that has the same problem.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote