View Single Post
aces79

Member Since Jan 2016
Default Dec 15, 2020 at 07:29 PM

A mixture of both?

She's 14.

She sees a child psychiatrist and a therapist. She's on her second med , she says meds make her feel worse though. She loves her therapist and looks forwarding to seeing her.

She's always been a bit over dramatic and attention seeking since she was a young child.

Now, she's been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I have bipolar disorder and my oldest son has depression so it doesn't surprise me that she also has issues, but, she responds completely differently than we do.

She can be in her room texting me that she's sad or cried herself to sleep last night or wanting to cut herself and then 2 minutes later she comes out of her room laughing.

She'll text me from school sad and crying and wanting to come home because the kids are being mean, she's bisexual and our school sucks, they give her a hard time and make fun of her, anyway, as soon as I text her that I'm coming to get her, the tone of her texts change and she's silly and funny again.

I cannot tell if this all just the way she handles her depression or if some of it is attention seeking.

I know that makes me sound terrible, but we've always had issues to a certain degree with her seeking attention so it stays in the back of my mind.

How do I know what's real? I'm losing my mind. Nothing I do, no suggestion I make helps her depression. She has excuses why she can't try exercise, or reading or meditation, etc. Nothing helps and she's constantly texting me from school with issues. I drop what I'm doing to go get her and she seems fine when I get there.

Advice?

Effexor XR 225 mg daily
Lamictal 250 daily
aces79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen