View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2020 at 09:15 AM

Lol well I’m glad they weren’t playing tricks, our brain does enough of that!!

You don’t know how much relief and happiness I have now that I know that I am not alone. I’ve been googling teachers with BP for months only to find ones who quit or downgraded to teacher assistants. I think I found one who wrote about it but I wasn’t sure if they were still teaching..... I cried when I read your response! Tears of happiness and that’s rare while I’m going through this nasty depression!!

And yes if any other teachers see this, please respond. Teachers go through so much stress, it would be nice to talk to others about it... nobody really understands and especially no one understands who doesn’t have BP!!

Wow you resigned after the episode, did you go back to the same school? So after 2015 when did you go back to teaching? 20 years is a long time!! I hope to teach at least 20 years!!

My psychotic manic episode was gradual and some of it was in control. I didn’t tell anyone about the visions because I didn’t want them to think I was crazy. So I only told my mom and a friend who says she has visions. BUT I kept reliving a childhood trauma I went through and I sent an email to a group of teachers telling them not to contact a students parents. I told them that I was abused and it would not be good to call his mom. Plus I said we needed to pray for him. I also said some random thing about dancing and being fast like the flash!! Good thing none of them reported me!!! I also texted my head principal telling her how thankful I was for her and I appreciated the hard work she does. I even told her I missed and loved her. Thankfully she said it back and told me to keep my contagious energy going! See I had been way more outgoing in virtual meetings and very bouncy. She would ask me if I was ok and if I was on something in a joking way. I told her I was just happy and enjoyed life and I was taking vitamins. She said her vitamins didn’t give her that much energy.... so most of the teachers and principals just thought I was outgoing or super happy.... I told them I am like this in the classroom, they just never got to experience it before..... but now that I’m back in school and depressed I’m totally different. I’ve just told them I’m stressed and the current covid situation has really gotten to me. I only told one teacher in confidence that I have it and told him I didn’t want the stigma so please keep it to himself. I only told him because we work together sponsoring a club and he’s stepped up and taken more responsibility because it’s been really hard for me to.

Oh no at 3am? I think my text was during the day. To the assistant principal, did they ever respond to the fight club video?

Paid time off would be nice? I’m in Texas, we get 7 days a year and they accumulate. Those are the only days we can use. I have been working here for 10 years and in 2018 I had a baby so I used all of my days. I only had 7 when I went to the hospital.... I got 7 new ones this year so I’m hoping I don’t have any more episodes for a long time so I can have emergency days... I also hope I don’t get sick!! It sucks because even for Covid we will have to use our days....

I hope you have a great last week before our break! 😊 Do you get 2 weeks too?

So question about Santa and Christmas... do you guys have a different story you tell kids since it’s not snowing and it would be too hot for Santa to wear a suit and go down the chimney? Just curious!!
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote