Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2020 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
I think the journaling is more about getting it off your mind so you can let the feelings go, at least a bit? I don’t think it’s going to work for everyone, nothing else does lol, but that’s the idea behind it. Catharcism. It’s the same as writing letters you never intend to send to whoever you’re writing to.
I know if I’m angry when I write my diary, I allow myself to feel it while I’m writing, so the writing itself is my emotional release. When I stop writing I feel more able to let the feeling go, because I’ve processed it, at least to a degree.

I'd like to respond to you too. On this same topic. Yeah I think I don't really get an emotional release in this direct way. I probably uh what I probably do is I break down the negative emotion by "intellectualising" and analysing really hard and really long until I get to some good point but like I already said it's ineffective as it takes long to do this. Hours where talking to someone in a good way would be just like a few minutes or half an hour at most?? I've had that experience that it helped that fast, sometimes. Then sometimes not at all. Complicated lol

Anyway yeah I probably gradually break down the negative feelings without ever feeling them directly. It's like my analytical left brain going into overdrive to deal with this task of breaking down the emotions like that. And yeah again, it takes forever. It's mentally a hard task, exhausting even. And so on.

Hm yeah, maybe no one journals like that other than me And maybe you are TOTALLY not supposed to do it that way

Anyway. Your cathartic version that's like writing a letter to someone and not sending it. I've had that too but it only comes to me spontaneously and only realllly rarely. I do feel the emotions then and I do not analyse so much, and it's cathartic and does release the emotions. For a while anyway
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote