View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,847 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 16, 2020 at 08:48 PM

Thing 1.) I applied to volunteer as a peer for a warm line. Its more of a receptionist position, I found out, which was confusing to me, but I decided to continue with going forward. A person from the org's human resources dept reached out to me and gave me a bunch of paperwork to print out and send back in, but I don't have a printer. I thought I might go to the library to print out, but I also asked him if he could send me the paperwork by mail. He never got back to me. I contacted him 3 times (in a week's span), then contacted the person who might be my supervisor, and she contacted him, and then he reached out to me. He said I could pick it up at the office, but they have a few offices, so I asked where it was, and when I should pick it up, and again, dead silence for a week. This is really frustrating. I'm just going to go to the library to print it. Geez.

Thing 2.) When do I know when its time to say goodbye? I have been volunteering for an org (different org that the one in my first paragraph) for over a year. I honestly do not feel like I connect with them or their mission - despite the kind work they do in their niche. I often leave there feeling sad and like I've done nothing. I do like some of the people who work there, they are nice. But something just feels really off for me. They had a zoom party recently, thanking their volunteers, and I just felt so out of place. Honestly, its a lot of rich people. I left halfway through. They were in the middle of giving an awards speech. I think everyone was going to get an award, including me. I cannot possibly imagine what kind of award they'd give me. I didn't wait to find out. I know that sounds like I have incredibly low self worth, and maybe I do, but......something just feels really off about it for me. I wanted a reference for when I start working. I just don't know if it's me, or them, or both. Maybe it;s both. I used to feel like it was a really good fit for me. I don't feel this way anymore. Edit: and sure, part of the reason I left in the middle was bc I was uncomfortable. I also just didn't want to be there and felt I had better things to do with my time. Edit 2: though they are really nice people. I should make a pros and cons list.

Last edited by WovenGalaxy; Dec 16, 2020 at 10:03 PM..
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44928, mote.of.soul, Nammu, unaluna