Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,929 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I'm having really bad akathisia tonight and I didn't know what to do so I took some of my klonopin. It's like torture. I haven't had it since starting the thorazine and perphenazine like a year ago.

I wonder if caffeine can make it worse, I had a lot of caffeine today
Sorry BB <3

Since beta blockers (Lowering adrenaline in the body and stopping hand tremors) can help with akathisia, it would make sense that caffeine can make akathisia worse...

"Thorazine may significantly reduce the action of dopamine, causing such Parkinson's disease-like symptoms as muscle rigidity, tremors, and slowed movement. Additional effects may include dystonia (muscle spasms or contractions), akathisia (restless legs syndrome), and dyskinesia (involuntary movements)."

"It was soon recognized that all typical antipsychotics had the potential to cause EPS, including parkinsonism, acute dystonia, akathisia, and TD. Typical antipsychotics include chlorpromazine, promazine, haloperidol, perphenazine, fluphenazine, and pimozide."

BB!.. When do you see your psychiatrist again? Your meds are horrible. I'm not trying to scare you but the suffering that you're going through is real and it doesn't have to be like this...
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird