View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2020 at 11:33 PM

The first cat my family had was grey and white, my current cat is also grey and white. This might sound crazy, but I just love the look of the grey and white on a cat and would seriously consider another grey and white cat (and the cat after that and the cat after that)

Dogs are a bit different. The first family dog was a German Shepherd, and I would love to own a GSD at some point, but I know no dog GSD or not could compete with Sarge. I don't know if I want my first dog to be a GSD. I'm thinking my first dog should be a Boston Terrier. I did a lot of research on the Boston Terrier and they sound like they would be an even better fit for me than a GSD...they'd be a good first dog for me.

I had a conversation with someone who's owned a few schnauzers and other breeds in the mix as well. She's a dog person, but as much as she swears by the schnauzers, she's had other breeds as well. I'm a cat person, and my cat happened to bond with me really well, but I happen to really like the look of the grey and white the best, but this friend says, "never buy an animal based on looks". So I'm curious, have you always stuck with one breed because you liked the first one so much, did you try a different breed? Did you try all sorts of breeds? I'm just curious the thought processes of "I like this breed in particular" versus maybe someone who tried a different breed and what their experiences were.

It's a bit of a ramble, but I'm just curious how you picked your breed and if you swear by the breed or if you're not afraid to try out a new breed as well.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote