View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2020 at 03:58 AM

We have multiple pets (cats) because of our daughter. There was a feral cat whom multiple houses in the neighborhood were feeding. When she had a litter, my daughter secretly brought them into the house. She would let the feral cat come and go via her window. After a while, we found out because of the meowing but let the kittens stay until they were big enough to be put out. That litter was two males and two females. The "masculine" male ran away early on and we don't know what happened to him. We got the females and the male fixed and they come and go (as far as coming into the house) and are fed in the morning and evening by my husband. I think the male from this litter is my daughter's favorite and he spends time in her room everyday but she lets him out when he asks. He has the most gentle spirit of this litter. One of the females is a real beauty, very confident and bossy, loves cuddles and has adopted both us and the girl next door (spends time in both of our homes). Unfortunately, the original feral cat had another litter of four--one didn't survive, heartbreaking, born very sick and there were three others who were girls--one that looks like our bossy cat but is the most gentle and because she was injured now is a permanent indoor cat, plus two other cats--my husband's favorite is a completely black cat from this litter--she spends a lot of time in his office. Now all of the cats, including the original feral cat (who we haven't seen for a long time) have been fixed by us. When these cats fight (the fights are because the female cats from the first litter want to dominate the second litter), we end up bringing the second litter inside. The male from the first litter plays and gets along with them all. Because he is the biggest, they don't pick on him but he is sweet to all of them. So we have six cats but never have all six inside at once--that would be bedlam....
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark, lizardlady