View Single Post
Anonymous44928

Default Dec 19, 2020 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Beyond chit chat or submitting applications what else do you do for friend and job possibilities?
What do you mean? What else am I supposed to do other than taking initiative and introduce myself to others, and talking to them and keep initiating things and suggesting activities (that were all declined by the way from all people, and that's why I am alone now and I prefer it over humiliating myself trying to make someone else accepts me). Also what else can I do other than submitting my applications? Sure I will hear you must make connections, but the first issue, prevents me from forming connections. Besides, the idea that I have to please someone and make them feel important to make my life easier is not something I swallow easily. Of course, it's how the world works, and you will say I have to adapt to live, but this is the point of my post: how the world works and how things are done by most people doesn't mean it's the right way. It seems to me, people have to basically bend to others and act as humble servants until they reach to the heights of the people they seek approval from, and then expect others to do the same to them. If I were a hiring manager, I wouldn't take candidates except from formal application submission channels. This connections thing favors some people over others, for example extroverts over introverts.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman