Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2020 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Can I ask what went wrong, Fuzzybear? It's okay if you don't want to say, I will understand.

My T is highly trauma-informed and we trust her approach. She is very understanding of the role of everyone in our system, and respects the protective part that every part plays. She gently guides the daily life parts (the ANPs I suppose you could say) to expand their awareness and understanding of the trauma holders, but also respects that in order to function they need to titrate the information and emotional burden very carefully.
She is also very gentle with the trauma holders (EPs) when they present in therapy (which actually isn't that often - our protectors are very strong and rarely let any of us be vulnerable in therapy, although that is starting to change now). When they do present she does always call on others within the system to support them, rather than her playing the support role herself. I am good with that. We are the only ones who are always with us and are always there to help.
So I'd say she is kind and compassionate with EPs, and supports the ANPs to learn the skills to support the EPs themselfs.
Thanks for posting this Amyjay.

I received the impression from this therapist that the therapy was (supposed to be) about exploration and healing.

It became something else... he even sided with some of the abusers (with his words and opinions) and became abusive himself.

It felt that he was far from healed himself from his..

Possible trigger:

Hugs from:
amandalouise