Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2020 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
I don't think "it must be you" in a sense that you are to blame, doing something wrong, or at fault. The thing is, the only thing you have the power to change is you. You can't force others to talk to you or force employers to hire you, so all you can do is change what you do. It doesn't mean what you did before is wrong, but just that it wasn't working. And I would say it's not YOU; there's nothing wrong with YOU. You don't need to change YOU. You may need to change what you're doing though.

Making friends is always hard. I am an extrovert, but neurodivergent, and it's a challenge for me too. I've developed ways of approaching people that work for me. It's trial and error. With jobs, don't blame yourself. It's REALLY hard out there right now. So many people are looking for jobs, including lots of people who were laid off and have lots of experience. It can be harder if you have less work experience (I think you said somewhere else that you had less experience). I know it doesn't feel like much help to say that it's really hard out there. You could try freelancing and picking up some experience on one of the freelance websites that might help both your bank account and your resume. What I'm trying to say is that it's not a reflection on you that you're having a difficult time landing the final job right now when lots of people are having the same challenge.
I agree with this post.

Thanks for this!
seesaw