View Single Post
coronalight

Member Since Nov 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Dec 21, 2020 at 01:14 AM

Hi Kit,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience, I understand now that most likely we are not going to see right away an improvement in my daughter's overall motivation etc.

You mentioned that school work provides structure and routine to the day. My question is how do I help my daughter get back in any routine? My daughter sleeps a lot one day and at all the next day, does not get out of the house but joins us for dinner, movies etc. She also had a hard time completing a school assignment this week. and this is unusual for her. Since she is sleep deprived, should we wake her up or let her sleep?

We are trying to understand how much we should rely on the therapist in this regard: will the therapist give her advice on how to get back into a sleep/study routine and follow up on the progress my daughter is making on that front? If the common wisdom is that the therapist is not concerned with this aspect of the problem and my daughter is in charge of maintaining a healthy schedule, then we will discuss this at home. Right now, since she just got home, we are walking on eggshells around her and try to show as much support as possible. Unfortunately the therapy sessions paused for the holidays so I feel like we cannot do nothing for the next three weeks.

Most likely having a relatively normal sleep schedule and some healthy routine does not solve the original problem but I am afraid that a lack of both sleep schedule and daily routine might make matters worse.

Thank you again.
coronalight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote