scarlett35

Member Since May 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Dec 21, 2020 at 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto52 View Post
Hey,

So as it says in the title I have become afraid of talking to others. I never seem to know what to say to someone.

I always feel like the people I talk to expect a certain answer or reaction from me but I dont know what it is.

While talking to them I don't want to fail their expectations, I dont want to appear stupid or wierd.

Or in the worse case bore them or annoy them.

Maybe I just got nothing to contribute to a conversation.

How do people talk so freely to each other? And how are they able to talk about their things without being afraid that their conversation partner is not interested in their topic?
I have a similar problem to this. I think it's because we are overthinking what we are saying. We are interacting with the aim of getting people to think a certain way about us (i.e. to like us, find us not boring etc) rather than just being present and ourselves and responding in a way we would naturally. Someone told me to try focusing on what the other person is saying and take the attention from the inside to the outside rather than thinking about how you are going to respond. I also need to practice this.
scarlett35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Whereto52

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, RoxanneToto