View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Dec 21, 2020 at 12:14 PM

I'll check it out, but, honestly, my mood buddies are: you, my Nanowrimo friends, my other Internet writing friends, my Zoom church friends, and my phone friends. As for catching COVID, unlikely since I haven't been around the friends I mentioned since early March, and my mother-in-law's place is on lockdown until everyone there tests negative two weeks in a row. When we do get to visit, it's two visitors, once a week, no touching, plexiglass screen, six feet. That's what gets me. They were so careful, always, and they still had 12 cases. They also help the residents with Zoom, but my MIL can't hear, so Zoom wouldn't work.

Oops, better not gloat. I'm not totally COVID safe. I do go to the store, and I have a termite inspector coming today. And I buy food from restaurants. So no guarantees.

Happy note - my daughter, a doctor, got a vaccine shot on Saturday. She emailed us the video.

I am the opposite of blocked with my writing. I know where my plot is going, and except for a couple of blank spaces, I know how I will get there. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Ooh, one more cool thing. I'm going to buy my MIL a surprise birthday box. You open it, and there's a cupcake inside, and mechanical, wind-up butterflies fly out of the box. I'll warn the nursing home first though - in case there's any problem with the butterflies. With COVID, I don't want to give them any surprises.