Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2020 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Well everything changed since my last post. Christmas lifting of restrictions is now just one day (instead of 5), and limited to 2 households only and now we have tier 4 which is very like a lockdown and they can't meet other households at all.

It doesn't really personally affect me, we weren't going to meet up indoors anyway. All our meeting has been done outdoors and distanced.

I agree Azul, I feel our government has been irresponsible. My personal feeling was that this was such a public health matter that it should have been handed to the experts. Sadly our government have ignored the experts several times.

Now we have this new mutant strain and I am trying not to think too much about that, not enough is understood about it.

My mum gets her first vaccine tomorrow- for that I am extremely grateful.
The good news is the vaccine is supposed to work against this mutated UK strain as well, and the rest of Europe can now start vaccinating. It'll be a while for most of us though, my city is getting way less doses than expected.

At least this is SOMETHING the government reacted to quickly by closing borders for travelers from the UK. I feel for all the people who were in the UK for good reasons, like truck drivers that are now stuck there. But tourists - no sympathy at all. They shouldn't even have been traveling.

Edit: Hmm, and now I just read it'll take 4-5 weeks to confirm the vaccine also works against the mutated strain :/

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated