View Single Post
Anonymous 42424
Anonymous 42424 has no updates. Edit

Thumbs up Dec 21, 2020 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylin View Post
Ever since my eye check last wednesday when they told me I had diabetic matcular and retinopathy I have been avoiding sugary foods terrified to eat them.
I don't want to lose my eye sight but some sugar is getting through in the things I eat,I bought ready meals and I think it got in through that.My readings came down from 27mmol/L to around 12mmol/L to 15mmol/L,they are still far too high but coming down,which they need to.

I am doing well I know I can do this and I can make the permanent lifestyle change I need to make to stay healthy and avoid diabetic complications.
Wish me luck and any support and encouragement is welcome.Thank you!
Hi Marylin, I am so sorry to hear about your diabetic matcular and retinopaty! With regard to sugar I am in the same "box", I do not eat any added sugar.

Here is what you can eat in one meal:
1 glass of milk, but if you chose to drink orange juice, you have to wait two hours for that. Orange juice: one half a glass or 1 dl.

You have to know how to combine and when to eat what.

The same example as above but turned around:
1 dl orange juice - wait two hours before you drink one glass of milk.

What you can eat only one portion at the time:

1 glass of milk (2 1/2 dl)

1 dl orange juice

1/2 apple

1/2 banana

1/2 orange

2 dl blueberries

Breakfast: dark bread with fiber or crackers, cheese, coffee or tea without sugar (if that does not fit for an English person, use a tiny portion of fried sausages and fried egg).

Lunch: Salad or, as an example , dark bread with fiber or crackers (fiber) + 1/2 banana

Dinner: one big sweet potato, salad or vegetables, something easy to make (meat or fish) If you are too depressed to make a real dinner , use sausages or crabstics (always keep that in the refrigerator to be ready to use on bad days). One half fruit afterward (If you don't like sweet potatoes you can use brown rice, but the sweet potato is best with regard to keeping the blood sugar low).

Evening meal: porridge made of oat or fried egg or same as breakfast.

Sweet potatoes lower the level of sugar in the blood vessels, and so do broccoli.

I have shown you a meal plan with a low sugar intake and protein. The principle is that fiber makes it harder for the sugar to have a sudden rise.

In between, to stop the urge for sugar, use vegetables and nuts.

Make your own meal-plan and eat at fixed times. Take a walk outside or inside for 30 minutes a day (Physical activity lowers the level of blood sugar in the blood. Try to go to bed at the same time (good sleep is important for the blood sugar) . Use relaxation exercises to reduce stress. Routines are good for the blood glucose.

BE KIND TO YOURSELF! ALLOW YOURSELF TO FAIL AND THEN RAISE.

It is very difficult to manage diabetes when one is depressed! Know that and give yourself a pat on the back when you are able to reach your goals for your blood glucose.

Good luck!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Marylin