View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Dec 21, 2020 at 11:47 PM

I live alone and while sometimes I feel lonely (which is NORMAL), I don't miss living with roommates. When you live alone, you are in charge of your schedule, what you eat, what you watch on tv, when you want to go out, where you want to go.

I think your response is more a reflection of how you feel after divorce. It's very scary to go from being married to being divorced and having to rely on yourself for your emotional health at first. There are online support groups, and I know that counselors offer virtual therapy sessions via video too. Have you tried that yet?

I know that your perspective right now is to feel hopeless, the way you have internalized your shame and frustration of being divorced, about ever finding happiness with a partner again in the future. First, you have to go through the icky part of recovering from your divorce, before you can be ready to be with another person again in a long-term relationship. I don't know how you feel about therapy. I think it could help you change your perspective to talk to someone about it.

Try to surround yourself (virtually, FaceTime or GoogleMeet or Zoom, or whatever) with friends and family if you can. Do you have any pets? If not, consider adopting a cat or dog for companionship. It will give you something to love and nurture and care for, and in turn, you will be able to love, nurture and care for yourself.

Living alone doesn't mean you are unloveable. Living alone is just a transitional phase you are going through in your life right now. It's not a reflection of your internal character, your personality or your interests or strengths or weaknesses. It's just how you have to live right now.

If you can't bear to live alone, then find roommates who would take you in.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, NatalieJastrow

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, NatalieJastrow, RoxanneToto, unaluna