View Single Post
coronalight

Member Since Nov 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2020 at 08:21 AM

Hi Kit,

Your replies are clear, useful, and very much appreciated. If I understand correctly, the therapist will address the problems that my daughter brings into the conversations, she may or may not advise on how to break the vicious circle and build a healthy schedule but not necessarily follow up on these aspects, unless my daughter sees these as obstacles to her healing .

Based on snippets of conversations, my daughter understands that her therapist will help her overcome the problems from the past but also expects that she is a life coach helping her set goals for her future, without the bias inherent in a family. My daughter has really high expectations from her therapist and her life seems on hold until she starts seeing her therapist after the holidays. She seems powerless to set even small goals every day but she is trying to correct her sleep schedule and I think this is a promising start. I will give her time to see if she gets this part under control and then make suggestions if necessary, like you said.

I will keep in mind the advice regarding on reasons to contact the therapist directly and hopefully it does not get to that.

Thank you again.
coronalight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote